My New Summer Cocktail


Today we had friends over to celebrate June birthdays. It was the perfect day to sit outside and enjoy the yard while sipping girly drinks. I picked some fruit from the yard and decided to use them in a lemondrop variation. I just sort of threw things together and it literally turned into my new favorite drink of the summer. I thought I would share in my joy!

Ingredients:
Raspberries (picked a handful from the yard)
Red currants (picked a handful from the yard)
Lemon juice (the bottled kind, unsweetened)
2 shots of vodka
Ice
2 tsp. sugar

Take the rasberries, currant, ice and sugar and muddle together in a glass or cocktail mixer.
Add the vodka and lemon juice and shake.
Serve in a sugar-rimmed glass. I used a small strainer over the glass to catch the seeds, there were quite a few.

I'm already dreaming about the next one!

4 comments:

Cocktails at 80 said...

Doh! What a great idea - look and see what is in the backyard - we have a plum tree (!) - I hadn't thought of that - now its pretty obvious. Thanks.

(Sometimes!) Serendipitous Girl said...

Ooooh, yummy! Anything compared to a lemon drop SSG loooooooves : ) Hope you're doing well! It sounds like it with those babies!!

Predo said...

Oh My! The makings of a summer party? I think so!!!

Kate said...

Looks yummy! I'll have to try it!