My Favorite Spot

With warmer weather slowly approaching, I'm looking forward to going to my favorite summertime spot. It's a place about 40 minutes from my house, in the Columbia Gorge called Oneanta Gorge. The trek can be slippery, wet and cold, but the payoff at the end is worth it.

First, you have to climb over some big rocks. Then you crawl over a whole bunch of logs.




Then, you wade through waist-high water that is so freezing that I may be sterile for the rest of my life.




After you're done wading, there's another waist-deep pool of water awaiting you. For me this is more like chest high.




But the payoff rules. It's this huge waterfall at the end.




And, if you're daring and already frozen from the wading, you can also go swimming. I tried it once and got a little dizzy. I don't know if it was the cold, the rush of the waterfall or both. Either way, I can't wait to go back. There's nothing better when it's hot outside.


5 comments:

The Unprocessed Project said...

That is so beautiful! I love stuff like that. Nothing like that in Kansas, that's for sure.

Orchid Lover said...

Wow, those pictures are wonderful! I'm jealous you have something like that to visit!

Kiddo78 said...

Looks like hell on earth. Just kidding. I don't think I'd be adventurous enough to look at it. I'm scared of climbing over big wet rocks.

The Unprocessed Project said...

Unrelated to this post....I received my Pet Buddy yesterday. I will be vaccuming the dog tonight. I'll let you know how it goes.

ab said...

Katie, I hope you like it. We have used it on Sophie weekly ever since we got it. She is shedding a lot less now.