The Dream

In the last year or so I have had different variations of the same dream. I just had it again last night. It's bothering me, I need to know what it means. It goes something like this:

I'm at home. I walk into my 2nd bedroom and it's a nursery. There's a baby in a bed. I look at it and I'm totally in love. I think to myself that I'm so happy that I have a baby boy. He has no name. I always refer to him as "the baby". Ben walks into the room and tells me not to wake him up. But I can't help it, he is so damn cute I just feel the need to hold him that very instant. I feel a complete bond to this baby. So I pick him up and he looks at me and smiles. My heart melts. He looks at Ben and says "Daddy". Now, this is a newborn and far too young to be saying anything. He says "daddy" repeatedly and we are all so very happy. Just then "the baby" starts coughing. He coughs uncontrollably. Then he just dies. And there's nothing I can do.

WTF???

5 comments:

The Unprocessed Project said...

Whoa, that is scary. Maybe you have a fear of losing someone close to you?

Kiddo78 said...

According to a dream dictionary online (www.petrix.com/dreams):

Death: End of a cycle. Something is finally over.

Baby: Happiness. Rebirth. Trust.

Dreammoods.com says:

To see a dead baby in your dream, symbolizes the ending of something that is part of you.

PTW said...

It's impossible to help someone you don't know analyze her dream, but as a shot in the dark I'd wonder if you are feeling like you want a baby (and all the wonderful, cute, lovey stuff that goes with it) but don't feel quite ready yet (all the fears, work, anxiety)?

:) said...

first of all, this is a total chick dream :)
yer just worried about being a mother or something.
but there are books you can buy about interpreting dreams..i just dont happen to agree with all of that..or astrology or tarot..etc

Christine said...

That's a really scary dream. I often have a dream where I'm neglecting a baby or I just had a baby but I keep forgetting to take care of it. Never the same exact dream though. I think it's just a little bit of freaking out about responsibilities, future parental and otherwise. Never dream it when I'm not stressed.