Don't Judge a Book by Its Cover

Lesson learned recently:

Never, ever, ever assume you have somebody figured out.

I once thought that Group A of supposed friends had no problems, took the predictable paths in life, were "normal" and therefore exactly where I wanted to be. Whereas Group B had way too many issues, did not follow "the path" and were not the type of people I wanted to be around.

Turns out, it was the exact opposite.

Group A turned out to be boring and very judgmental of Group B-types. Group B turned out to be the most genuine, welcoming and interesting group of people I have come across in years.

Takeaway for today: Don't judge people with issues. They have the BEST stories.

1 comment:

(Sometimes!) Serendipitous Girl said...

I am SO WITH YOU on this.

And also totally with you on paying Predo a visit when he comes back!