Tag...I'm It

I was tagged by Lynne to complete this survey. Unfortunately, I'm fresh out of people to tag, it seems that everybody has been tagged already. The only people on my blogs list that have not been tagged are Dooce and Dave Navarro. Somehow, I don't think they frequent my little blog. So, here it goes, and here's where it ends:

"List ten songs that you are currently digging ... it doesn't matter what genre they are from, whether they have words, or even if they're no good, but they must be songs you're really enjoying right now. Post these instructions, the artists, and the ten songs in your blog. Then tag five other people to see what they're listening to."

1. The Shins - New Slang. This song is very relaxing to me and comes from the movie Garden State, which I love.

2. James - Laid. I can't get enough of this song. I find myself in my car singing at the top of my lungs "This bed is on fire, with passionate love. The neighbors complain about the noises above. But she only comes when she’s on top." Usually there's a carpool full of children right next to my car. Just a tad inappropriate.

3. Erykah Badu - Bag Lady. I can't explain why I love this song so much. Is it because I'm obsessed with bags? Is it because I know every word to the song? I dunno.

4. Bob Marley - Sun Is Shining. Makes me think of lying on a beach sipping on a margarita.

5. Led Zeppelin - Goin' to California. Makes me think of living in CA. Also makes me think of doing acid back in high school. Ahhh...memories.

6. Dave Matthews Band - Ants Marching. This is my all time favorite song EVER.

7. Beck - Hell Yes. I love the beat of this song. I saw Beck back in college when he played at Stanford. It was a pretty small venue and the opening band was completely naked. It was probably because they sucked musically, so this was their way of distracting the audience away from their suckiness.

8. Gorrilaz - Feel Good Inc. I think this song is really fun. It does, in fact, make me feel good.

9. Garbage - Bleed Like Me. Love this song! It's all about self-destruction, which I can't really relate to. But the lyrics are great and Shirley Manson's voice is pretty damn sexy.

10. Jack Johnson - Banana Pancakes. I think Jack Johnson is super super hot. This song is about staying inside on a rainy day and doin' it all day long. And there's some consumption of banana pancakes in there too. Anytime, Jack...anytime.

2 comments:

Kiddo78 said...

The only one I can think of is #2 and I love that song as well. I need to pay more attention to the artist/title when listening to the radio, I guess!

:) said...

used to be a garbage fan..but i think theyve gone downhill bigtrime. seme em 2x in concert.
i dig the shins. james..old song, but still fun. bob is awesome always. i like other dmb songs better, sorry :) jack johnson is good indeed..gettin overplayed/oberhyped though. i gotta give him a break