A Festival Of Beer

I am very much looking forward to an event that will be taking place in Portland at the end of this month. It's the 18th Annual Oregon Brewers Festival. I didn't go last year because I was out of town. This year I HAVE to go. Imagine, a grassy park on the edge of the river. 50,000 people with one goal in mind. To try as many of the plethora of beers that are being offered. It's $4 to buy a mug and $1 per tasting. Can you imagine how many drunk people will be there? And, as if that weren't enough, 7 local restaurants will be there offering up samples to help you soak up all that alcohol. I hope to take some pictures...that is if I'm able to.

7 comments:

Christine said...

That sounds like a lot of fun! I love tasting samples of anything. Take the pictures soon after you get there!

BigDubb said...

that sounds like a blast. Unfortunately I drank too much beer this weekend, so it doesnt exactly sound appetizing right now.

Gimme 'til wednesday. I am sure my mind will change.

katie said...

Oh how fun. Now why can't KC have cool stuff like this?

katie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Orchid Lover said...

Thanks for the comments on my blog! I wasn't sure who "ab" was until I linked to your page. Must have changed your signature...

Now on to the beer festivities, sounds like a good time to me! Have fun and be sure to take some pictures!

Josh said...

dont worry..ill take pics. and simply be too lazy to post them.

we should meet :) bring our sposues though..in case we are both beer goggling :)

Kiddo78 said...

Wowza. That's it...I'm either going to Portland or organizing something similar for Minneapolis. Or write a letter to someone asking them to do the work! Fun stuff.