Saturday Bike Ride

Great day today. I got on my bike this morning and rode downtown to the Saturday farmer's market. It's located on the Park Blocks on the campus of Portland State University. The weather was cloudy but warm in the low 70s. It was a beautiful ride, along the river the entire time. Crossing over the bridge was cool too, there were some dragon boats out on the water. I got tons of fresh veggies at the market and even treated myself to a watermelon lemonade (that's some good stuff there).

Oh, for those of you not familiar. The submarine in one of the pictures sits in front of the Oregon Museum of Science & Industry (OMSI), is the USS Blueback, it was used in the movie The Hunt for Red October. The museum is on the east side of the river along the bike trail. Enjoy the pictures!































5 comments:

The Unprocessed Project said...

I have a friend on assignment in Portland and he says it's just perfect there. He said it rains every single morning and then clears up in the afternoon, so it always smells like fresh rain. I need to travel there, your pics are wonderful! I might do it just to get a watermelon lemonade. Yummy!

Derek said...

Nice pics! It looks like it was going to storm any minute!

Kiddo78 said...

My bro went to Portland last year and said it's a nice place. I'll have to travel there sometime. Maybe it can be my first West Coast visit!

Orchid Lover said...

Those are excellent pictures! I'd love to visit there one of these days... Great photography :)

Christine said...

That's so lovely. I have to visit Portland sometime.