I'm A Big Ol' Wuss

My husband is going to the dentist today to get his teeth cleaned & he has been giving me all sorts of crap for not going for a long time. You see, I have had 3 root canals & 2 cavities in the last 2 years. I have always been deathly afraid of the dentist, that's why I never go. Last year I decided to fix all the stuff that's wrong with me. I almost did, I just have 2 cavities left. But, I have been putting it off and now it's been a year since my last visit.

So I got up the courage and made an appointment for a cleaning. As I was speaking with the receptionist she told me that, joy of joys, the doctor would be on staff that very day and that he would be more than happy to do a re-evaulation on me since it's been SO LONG since my last visit. Fine, I agreed. A cleaning and re-evaluation. I found myself shaking after hanging up the phone. The appointment is not until April 20th and I am already petrified. I'm such a wuss.

1 comment:

The Unprocessed Project said...

I went to a pediatric dentist until I was out of college, so when I went to a "real" dentist I was frightened at how rough they are. My kid dentist was so nice and gentle, the grown up dentist is a different story. I have never been afraid of the dentist until now!