New Beginnings

I don't know about you, but I sure as hell am looking forward to the new year. Not to say that I am not happy with the way 2006 has turned out. I mean if you set aside my sudden career change, friends and relatives with cancer and the sudden death of a grandparent...well maybe it wasn't such a good year.

Good things did happen in 2006. I got a new job where I met some cool people, and just yesterday I became an aunt for the first time. Those are good things, so the year is not a total wash. I also got to do some traveling, I went to DC for the first time in my life and more recently visited San Francisco for the zillionth time. So maybe it was more of a 50/50 split. Some good and some bad.

I have high hopes for 2007. I hope to bring new life to this here blog, I hope to start running again (it's like the crack) and I hope that not as many bad things happen as they did in 2006. So is it going to be a happy 2007? You bet your ass it will.

2 comments:

:) said...

youve dissed meeting me, but ill still comment on yer blog :P ;)

hope you have a good new years

Unknown said...

I had a pretty bad year too... I am sorry to hear about yours...let's hope 2007 is better luck for us.

I am quitting my job as of Friday so I am going to have time to blog again *I have really missed it* I was glad to see you had a few new posts...let's see if we can have a more productive blog year..I seriously think it is theraputic..