Weekends Are Good…Mondays Are So-So

What a busy but fun weekend! On Friday we went to dinner. Wine is good. So is walking home.

Saturday was the first day of the Portland Farmer’s Market. Last year, Ben had to work on Saturdays, so I always went by myself. This year we get to go together, which is more fun. We got tons of fresh veggies, local cheese, a big loaf of just-baked bread and some killer tortilla soup.

*note: tortilla soup is a good hangover cure.

Then we went to get our taxes done, which was actually a good thing in the end. We’re getting a refund, and now our hot tub fund is complete. It’s going to be a great summer.

On Saturday evening we went to a friend of a friend’s house to watch the college basketball game. Her brother is on the LSU team but he didn’t play. But let me tell you about the food. She had a cute set-up with the table split in half. The left side was labeled “UCLA”. It has all sorts of sushi, chips & salsa and wraps. The right side of the table was labeled “LSU” and had the most awesome barbecue. I’m talking pork, cornbread, coleslaw and beans. Soooo good. I have no idea how the game went, I think LSU got spanked.

Sunday was dedicated to cleaning. Laundry, vacuuming, cleaning the kitchen. But most of all, it was dedicated to Willie’s haircut. I say it was way overdue.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hot tub fund!
Oh,that sounds nice.I am a terrible saver,but if I was saving for something like a hot tub I may be able to withold throwing all the random stuff I do into my cart.
your doggie is too cute!
Michael just got a haircut too, it also was a whole day type thing...it is really tramatic for him...he hates,hates,hates it so the whole rest of the day is dedicated to making it up to him.