Overheard Just Now

My next door neighbor's house is being completely re-built, so I have experienced many phases of the construction process first-hand. This morning I was brushing my teeth and my bathroom window was open. I overheard the following conversation:

Boss Man: Well, Bob. I see you've decided to do my job today.

Bob: I thought I'd help out since we're waiting for the wood to arrive.

Boss Man: Well since you decided to get the hell in the way and work on these rafters, maybe I'll just do your job today and do nothing and sit on my ass.

Wow...apparently being a total asshole is the #1 job requirement in his company.

3 comments:

Kiddo78 said...

This is why I wouldn't survive one day on a construction crew. Seriously, I'd rather go to jail.

The Unprocessed Project said...

You are never going to believe this, but I worked construction for a month one summer. I wanted to be an architect and I thought it would be a good experience. It was me and 15 other guys. I have never heard so many vulgar things in my life. Those poor wives had no idea what was being said about them at work.

Christine said...

Somehow I think the boss man's job usually IS sitting on his ass. I'm happy to have all the hostility in the work place just below the surface. Passive-agressive behavior is so much more pleasant, because you can kill with kindness and ignore it! Men...